We are looking for a Creative Designer to join our team as a member of ICON Visual. They will be responsible for working with high profile clients in the cosmetics, fragrance, skin care, luxury brands, and stadium space to produce various kinds of large format visuals. This is a key role in a fast-moving team. Your voice and input will be highly valued, and you will be expected to share your inspiration and vision within the organization. This position will report to the Prepress Manager.
● Create designs that communicate a clear vision aligning with client expectations
● Work alongside the creative team to develop unified concepts
● Actively pitch new ideas and innovative ideas to the creative team
● Contribute to multiple projects as assigned & respond to the creative needs of the clients within tight timelines
● Create a variety of layout options based on client briefs/guidelines
● Design original artwork, create mockups, & manipulate images in Photoshop
● Work closely with the Sales Representatives and Project Coordinators on projects
● Have open communication with clients to get approvals on jobs or apply any changes according to the client feedback
● Source images from stock photo sites as needed
● Can be flexible with work hours during busy work periods, may involve working some evenings
Skills, Experience and Requirements
● A post-secondary degree or diploma in Graphic Design or closely related field
● 3-5 years of experience in the Graphic Design field
● A strong portfolio that showcases a diversity of digital pieces that are sleek, modern, and clean in style
● Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite
● Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to any valid medical or religious exemption from vaccination
● Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite programs (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop)
● Creative mind
● Works well in collaborative and independent work environment
● Strong design and layout skills
● Proactive and organized
● Expert time-management skills, ability to work with tight deadlines and urgency
ICON is a full-service organization with a 120,000 square foot state-of-the-art production facility based in Markham, Ontario. With additional offices based in Toronto, New York, and Montreal, we are unmatched in terms of technology, production capabilities, and product diversity, serviced by the most experienced and knowledgeable team of display graphics, digital signage, video production, and print professionals in the business. ICON’s reputation for reliability, quality workmanship, professionalism, and customer service is well earned and reflected by the trust and loyalty of clients we serve.
As a multi-faceted visual communications media company, we serve our clients’ needs of transforming spaces in retail, out-of-home advertising, digital, corporate/event marketing, hospitality, and consumer packaged goods (CPG) industries. Our company name represents strength and innovation, both of which are necessary for growth and success within our respective industries. Within ICON we have two divisions – ICON Media and ICON Visual; these divisions support the commitment we give to our clients to continue being leaders in All Things Visual!
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. ICON Media is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.
ICON is a supporter of AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act). Accommodation will be provided to all applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process. Please include a summary of the accommodation required in your application email.